Investing in real estate in Istanbul can be a fruitful endeavor, but there are some important things to consider before taking the leap. The following guide will provide you with the essential information you need before making a purchase of real estate in Istanbul, and also the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale that are worth the investment.
As the world’s most populous city, Istanbul is a popular destination for people looking to buy real estate. Istanbul real estate is a lucrative investment for those looking to make their money work for them.
Read more: The best guide for Investment in Turkey 2022
Things to Know Before Buying Real Estate in Istanbul
Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey, and has an area of 5,461 square kilometers with a population of more than 15 million people.
It is located on the Bosporus Strait; one of the world’s busiest waterways in northwestern Turkey between the
The best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale are preferable choices from investors according to their strategic location.
This great city “Istanbul” can be considered a mixture of ancient and modern civilization, as well as a mixture of many cultures.
And it has a commercial and historical center located on the European side, while a third of its population lives on the Asian side.
Istanbul was founded in 660 BC in the name of Byzantium, after that the city developed into one of the most important cities in history.
It hosted 11.6 million foreign visitors in 2012 making the city the 5th most popular tourist destination in the world.
Many of the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale provide buyers and investors with great opportunities of real estate Istanbul for sale for investment and housing.
Reasons to Own Real Estate for Sale in Istanbul
Real estate projects for sale in Istanbul are considered the best in Turkey, and here are some reasons to own real estate in Istanbul for sale:
- Istanbul was a source of inspiration for authors such as, Paul Theroux, Ernest Hemingway and Orhan Pamuk.
- In 1502, Istanbul was famous as the world’s busiest city.
- It has the third-oldest subway in the world, which was built in 1875 with a length of 573 meters in the Beyoglu area.
- It was the European capital of culture in 2010, but has never hosted the Olympic Games.
- The British writer Agatha Christie wrote her famous novel “Murder on the Orient Express” at the Pera Palace Hotel in Istanbul.
- This city “Istanbul” is surrounded by the sea and the Bosphorus strait that passes through it, yet the city has snow, with an annual average of 18 inches.
- The tulip flower, the symbol of the Netherlands, originated in Istanbul and was sent from Istanbul to the Netherlands.
Encouraging Reasons to Own Real Estate in Istanbul
Istanbul is an ideal city to own a real estate project and live a comfortable life, and this is why to choose the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale:
- Its population is more than 15 million people.
- Istanbul is one of the world’s major air traffic with two international airports.
- The European capital of culture in 2010, and the European capital of sport in 2012.
- It has more than 75 museums, 100 shopping centers, and 4 historical bazaars.
- A huge transportation network of subways, trams, buses, ferries, and maritime transportation.
- Istanbul is the only city in the world geographically located in both Europe and Asia.
- Also, it has three bridges on the Bosporus that connect Europe and Asia.
- The largest lighting house in Turkey is located in the Silly area on the Black Sea coast of Istanbul, with a height of 19 meters (62 feet) and 1.1 meters (3.6 feet) wide.
- This city is a preferred spot for investors who search for modern real estate Istanbul for sale projects with luxury apartments.
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Buying Real Estate in Istanbul
The following is a list of the top 5 things to consider when buying real estate in Istanbul:
- The location: You should consider the location of the real estate you are considering to buy in Istanbul. You should also consider how close it is to your workplace, schools, hospitals and other places you will be spending time at.
- The size: The size of your real estate in Istanbul will depend on your family’s needs and lifestyle. You should also consider space for future expansion or for renting out rooms if you want to generate some extra income from your property in the future.
- The price: The price of a real estate Istanbul for sale can vary greatly depending on where it is located and what features it has such as a balcony, parking garage or pool. You should also consider how much you are willing to spend on the property.
- The condition: You should think about the condition of the real estate in Istanbul once you have made your purchase such as whether it has been repaired, renovated or is in need of repair/renovation before purchasing it.
- The community: You should also look at community amenities such as nearby parks, schools and local businesses.
Read more: Important tips to buy properties in Turkey
Average Prices of Real Estate in Istanbul
Whatever the price of real estate in Istanbul, it remains cheap compared to the rest of the European countries.
For example, in the first months of 2022, more than 300,000 homes were sold due to the suitable price of real estate in Istanbul.
As for the average price per square meter in Paris, it reaches more than 5000 dollars, while in Portugal and Croatia, it is about 2000 dollars.
This makes many foreigners prefer and choose the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale.
Read more: Questions about Turkish citizenship
How to Find The Best Real Estate in Istanbul?
Due to the large area of
Therefore, finding a reliable real estate company to help you choose the best real estate in Istanbul is the ideal way to buy real estate in Istanbul.
How to Choose The Best Company of Real Estate Istanbul?
There is a lot of real estate in Istanbul, and this is a normal thing because the city is large enough for many companies.
The issue is not finding a company, but it is about finding the appropriate, reliable and trustworthy company of real estate in Istanbul that informs you of the best real estate in Istanbul.
So, before buying real estate for sale in Istanbul, investigate the company that you want to deal with well, in order to buy the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale.
Read more: Turkey economy ranking for 2022
Best Places to Buy Real Estate for Sale in Istanbul
Administratively, Istanbul is divided into 39 districts between the European side and the Asian side, and is located between two different continents, Asia and Europe.
The Best Real Estate in Istanbul Near Attractions You Can Buy
Istanbul is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The city has a lot to offer for tourists, and that’s why people from all over the world are looking for the best real estate in Istanbul near attractions.
The best real estate in Istanbul near attractions you can buy should be close enough to these places, so you can visit them easily. Here is a list of some attractions and the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale near them:
The Best Real estate Projects in Istanbul Near Hagia Sophia
Hagia Sophia was built in the period from 532 to 7 AD and was the largest orthodox cathedral in the world until 1520.
In 1935, it was converted into a museum by Ataturk, and it is still an important holy site for Muslims and Christians alike.
The project includes a total of 1481 housing units with 1 + 1, 2 + 1, 3 + 1, 4 + 1 and 5 + 1 styles.
Buyukyali project offers different transportation ways to reach it by land, sea or rail.
For more details about real estate in Istanbul at Buyukyali project, click here.
Topkapi Palace and its Best Real Estate Projects in Istanbul for Sale
Topkapi Palace is the largest palace in Turkey, and was the main residence of the Ottoman sultans during the imperial period.
It is a famous palace, and has many sacred Islamic relics, extensive exhibitions and a museum.
The project enjoys a strategic location close to most of the vital roads and historical areas in Istanbul.
Bakirci Topkapi is a residential and real estate investment project at the same time and is suitable for the conditions of Turkish citizenship.
For more details about real estate in Istanbul at Bakirci Topkapi project, click here.
Where to Find the Best Real Estate in Istanbul for Sale Near Blue Mosque?
Sultan Ahmed Mosque is best known for the Blue Mosque. Its name derives from the blue tiles that adorn the interior walls.
Topaz Residence has an area of
The apartments are characterized by the smart system and the green spaces that filled the real estate project, which will make you feel comfortable and peaceful.
For more details about real estate in Istanbul at Topaz Residence project, click here.
Real Estate Istanbul for Sale Near Galata Tower
Galata Tower is one of the dominant landmarks on the European side of Istanbul.
You can get a 360-degree aerial view to see the panoramic view of the city and watch Istanbul’s historical skyline.
The Piyalepasa Istanbul project was built in one of the most central neighborhoods of Beyoglu, within walking distance of Taksim, and near many famous destinations such as the Golden Horn Istanbul, Galata Tower, and the Bosphorus Bridge.
For more details about real estate in Istanbul at Piyalepasa project, click here.
Real Estate in Istanbul Near Grand Bazaar
Grand Bazaar is one of the oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 60 narrow streets, more than 5,000 shops, a hammam and a mosque, as well as cafés and restaurants.
Taksim 360 project is located in Beyoglu district, adjacent to Taksim district, which is one of the most important historical and touristic areas in Istanbul, and one of the most important destinations for tourists.
The project is built on a land area of 20 thousand square meters, a building area of 165 thousand square meters, and a number of 952 housing units.
For more details about real estate in Istanbul at Taksim 360 project, click here.
Real Estate Istanbul for Sale Near Basilica Cistern
Basilica Cistern also known as Sunken Palace, and it is located near the Hagia Sophia. The rooms open to high ceilings and there are more than 300 ornate columns.
One of the best real estate in Istanbul for sale that offers a wide range of different apartments with different sizes.
For more details about real estate in Istanbul at YediMavi project, click here.
Transportation and Access to The Best Real Estate Projects in Istanbul
The diversity of the transportation system makes Istanbul a focus for investors and buyers to buy the best real estate projects in Istanbul for sale.
You can find many types of transportation near real estate in Istanbul, such as:
- Buses and Metrobus: Buses are the cheapest mode of transportation, although they are usually crowded and there is also a special bus service called Metrobus.
- Metro and Tram: Istanbul’s metro and tram system has an extensive network and provides easy access to many major areas on both the European and Asian sides.
- Marmaray and Gebze-Halkali Train System: It is a train system that connects the European and Asian side under the sea.
- Ferries and sea buses: Ferries are the easiest, cheapest and best way to travel across the Bosphorus.
- Dolmus: It is a public taxi that gives an easy way of transportation through the city.
Read more: Best 10 reasons to buy a property in Turkey
Popular Shopping Areas near Istanbul Real Estate Projects
Sultanahmet is the first place for those who want to enjoy the historical Ottoman era.
Arasta Bazaar is located behind the Blue Mosque and is famous for its jewelry, spices, textiles and carpets shops.
Taksim is a modern part of the city and hosts a wide range of shopping stores with many major brands.
The long Istiklal Street has many famous and neoclassical lanes with a variety of great stores.
Kadikoy Market, Bahariye Street, and Baghdad Street are also famous places on the Asian side.
You can buy valuable things and fashionable products from Istanbul such as, the famous Turkish carpets made of silk, wool or cotton, precious jewelry, original glassware, traditional souvenirs, leather products and textiles.
It is great to have a real estate project in this crowded and developed city “Istanbul”, as there is a huge increase in the number of investors owning real estate in Istanbul for sale with luxury and modern apartments.
Read more: Property tax in Turkey 2022 Full Detail