The demand for obtaining citizenship and Turkish passport has recently increased due to the local and international benefits for the holders.
Turkey is one of the candidate countries to join the European Union, and one of the preferable countries for foreigners.
Turkish citizens will be granted significant advantages in obtaining a Schengen visa, which will allow them to travel to many European countries, as well as the right to enter Europe without a visa.
Passports are issued by the Directorate General of Population and Nationality Affairs in Turkey.
The Turkish passport is ranked 38th in the world and 18th in Europe. The holders of this passport can travel to 72 countries without a visa.
They can also travel to 39 countries with two options for visas, whether obtaining it on their arrival to the country, or getting it through the internet.
Turkish passport visa free countries
Yes, believe it, the Turkish passport has a great power and can allow you to travel to 111 countries without a visa or by getting the visa on your arrival.
Countries you can travel with Turkish passport
Here are some of the countries with visa-free entry:
“Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jordan, Qatar, Tunisia, Morocco, Japan, Iraq, Serbia, Thailand, Northern Cyprus, South Africa, Ukraine, Chile, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ecuador, Georgia, etc.”
Top advantages and benefits of Turkish Passport and Citizenship
Acquiring the Turkish passport leads you to Turkish citizenship, and both of them bring you many benefits.
Foreigners can obtain Turkish citizenship and passports by purchasing a property or investing in a project with the required amount in real estate projects.
Recently, a statistic showed that 18,000 people who have obtained Turkish citizenship are from the real estate sector.
how strong is Turkish passport and citizenship
- Enjoying a high standard life at low prices compared to European countries.
- Turkey has a rich tourism industry and because of that, there are many job opportunities for foreigners.
- Travelling to more than 100 countries without a visa.
- Get benefit from retirement plans with a Turkish passport.
- The right to have bank accounts in all Turkish and international banks in Turkey.
- Residing and sitting on Turkish lands without the need for residence.
- Free Educational and health services.
- Full citizenship rights through election and nomination.
- Turkish passport only needs to be renewed once every 10 years.
- Receiving the Turkish passport within a short period (not more than three months).
- The right for a dual citizenship.
Turkish passport types and differences
The Turkish passport is the document that Turkish citizens use to travel abroad since July 15, 1950.
There are 4 types of Turkish passports that are used according to the status of the holder.
Turkish Regular Passport or Bordo Passport (Red color)
It is the common one for Turkish citizens, and for the foreigners after obtaining the Turkish citizenship.
Documents for obtaining a green passport for Turks:
- Employees: signature prepared by the Regional Directorate or the General Directorate of the institution in which he/she works.
- Retired employees: A document showing details about the date of retirement.
- For persons who resigned: A document showing details about the period in which they worked.
- For those under the age of 18: Parental consent.
- 1 biometric photo of 5 x 6 cm.
- Identification card.
Turkish Special Passport or Yeşil Passport (green color)
The holder is allowed to travel without a visa to some countries, unlike a regular passport. The special or green passport is issued to:
- Former members of the National Assembly.
- First, second, or third-degree positions in public and civil servants.
- spouses of civil servants.
- Metropolitan provincial and district presidents.
- Unmarried and unemployed children who are not over the age of 25.
- State athletes.
Turkish Service Passport or Hizmet Passport (grey color)
- Persons who are not eligible for special or diplomatic passports are designated to travel abroad for relevant official or government purposes.
- National athletes.
- Turkish citizens who work in international organizations of which Turkey is a member.
- Red Crescent members.
- Husband/wife of service passport holders.
- Unmarried and unemployed children who are not over the age of 25.
Turkish diplomatic passport or Siyah Passport (black color)
It has 28 pages, and is free of charge. This can be issued for:
- Members of the National Assembly.
- Heads of judicial bodies and their deputies.
- Negotiators who will deal with international issues.
- Spouse of diplomatic passport holders, this passport can only be used when accompanying the primary passport holder.
- Unmarried and unemployed daughters, sons under the age of 18, this passport can only be used when accompanying the primary passport holder.
Read more: How to buy Real estate in Turkey
The most important requirements to apply for Turkish passport and citizenship
At this time, it is very easy to obtain Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport in order to enjoy its features. But an important question may come to the minds of many, which is how to become a Turkish citizen with the full powers and features of Turkish citizenship!
There are several ways to obtain citizenship in Turkey, which are:
1- Fast Turkish passport investment by purchasing a property
According to the new citizenship law, foreigners can obtain investment citizenship in Turkey in the fastest way without any waiting time and start working in real estate investment.
So, if the foreign person buys a property of $250 thousand and promises to keep it in his hands for a period of 3 years, he will obtain Turkish citizenship directly, along with all family members.
2- How to get Turkish passport by decision of the competent authority
The approval of the competent authority is required for a foreigner in order to obtain Turkish citizenship with all conditions, they will not be able to acquire citizenship if the Turkish authorities and the government do not agree.
The acquisition of Turkish citizenship will not affect the husband’s citizenship, and after the applicant obtains Turkish citizenship, the custody of the child can be transferred to the other spouse with his agreement.
In other cases, like not approving, custody of the child is determined according to the decision of the judge where the mother or father is the usual place of residence.
If the father and mother acquire Turkish citizenship together, the children will automatically be accepted as citizens as well.
3- How to get Turkish passport by marriage
The easiest and most popular way is to marry a Turkish citizen and obtain Turkish citizenship, but marriage to a Turkish citizen does not grant citizenship directly.
But only after 3 years of marriage can a foreigner apply for citizenship under the following conditions:
1-They should live together.
2-Stay away from behaviors that harm marriage.
3-The marriage does not pose any threat to national security and public order.
4- Restoring apply for Turkish Passport
Those who lost their Turkish citizenship in any case can re-apply for Turkish citizenship, and there is a special section for those who lost Turkish citizenship for political and economic reasons.
Read more: A new start with Basaksehir housing projects
Do you know what the benefit of buying a property in Istanbul? Contact me to find out why!
Did you know that we have more than 300 project in Istanbul, click here & learn more now!